Teen Summer Volunteers
A Morley Library teen volunteer must be a student in grades 9-12, age 14 and up. The library will not accept volunteers who are required to do court-ordered community service.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be comfortable interacting with the public, especially children
- Simply filling out this application does not guarantee a volunteer spot at a summer program
- Summer teen volunteer spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis
What does a teen volunteer do?
- Helps set up children’s library programs
- Helps prep kids crafts or man a craft station
- Helps pass out snacks
- Helps tear down and clean up after a program is over
- Assists with other library-related duties as needed
Teen volunteers will be scheduled for a 2 or 3 hour shift, depending on the program.
- Maturity and positive attitude
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to learn routine library tasks and work independently after training
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with library employees
- Ability to adhere to a specific schedule and to arrive promptly at the time scheduled
- Ability to talk and communicate with the public
How do I become a teen volunteer at Morley Library?
|Teen Volunteer Application||Parent Waiver||Behavior & Conduct Policy|