Morley Library Meeting Room Procedures
Morley Library is pleased to offer free meeting room space for community use. The meeting rooms are available to groups for non-profit educational, civic, cultural and recreational purposes when they are not in use for Library activities. No for-profit activities or private functions are permitted. The availability of meeting room space is on a first-come, first-served basis by application.
Steps for reserving a meeting room:
- Please read the Morley Library Meeting Room Policy and Procedures and indicate that you have done so by affixing your signature thereon.
- Fill out in entirety the Morley Library Reservation Request form and sign it.
- A new application must be completed for each reservation. Completed application may be dropped off at the circulation desk,
- Meeting room times may not be "saved" before a completed reservation form is approved.
- Applicant may visit or call Morley Library to obtain the status of a request. A copy of the approved reservation form will be mailed to the applicant. Every effort will be made to notify by phone should the request for meeting space be denied.
Licensees must give Morley Library notice of the cancellation of an approved meeting as soon as possible as a courtesy. Repeated failure to do so may result in refusal of future reservations. The Licensee is responsible for notifying all attendees.
Morley Library reserves the right to cancel a reservation due to weather, public utility failure, facility emergency or other just cause. Notification of said cancellation will be given to the Licensee via telephone as soon as possible.
The Library Director may waive meeting room policy and procedure and may deny or cancel any application for reservation of meeting room space for good cause.
Morley Library offers two study rooms on the Third floor in order to allow people working together to do so without disturbing other users of the library. Morley Library’s Behavior and Conduct Policy applies in any study room use.
The Study Rooms are available to small groups for non-profit, educational, civic, and cultural purposes. No partisan political events, for-profit activities, or private functions are permitted. Exceptions may be made for tutoring uses.
Study rooms are available for use by 2-6 people for two hours. However, should a room not be in use, an individual may use a Study Room with the understanding that the room must be vacated if a group of two or more people needs to use it.
The room will be held for 10 minutes beyond the reservation time; after that, the room will be released for others to use as needed.
Morley Library reserves the right to use either Study Room for library-related activities.
Ways to reserve a study room:
In person: stop at the 3rd floor Reference desk
Call: (440) 352-3383 and ask for Adult Reference