Book Donations Update as of September 17, 2020
Book Donation Guidelines
WE ARE PLEASED TO ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING IN GOOD CONDITION: books, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, current magazines without torn covers, and jigsaw puzzles.
WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT: VHS tapes, magazines too old to be of interest, encyclopedias, textbooks, computer software, and record albums.
Items must not be musty or otherwise damaged.
Because we sometimes suspend donations due to space limitations, please call 440-352-3383 to verify that your donation can be accepted. Large donations will need approval prior to acceptance.
Please bring your donation to the library’s circulation desk. We are unable to pick up donations.
Thank you for your support of the Friends of Morley Library.
Book Donations to Community Organizations
To promote literacy and foster the joy of reading, the Friends of Painesville Morley Library donates used books for all ages to groups in the library service area.
The Friends receive book requests from a variety of community organizations. One example of how these books are used would be the WIC Program. Requests are for small, light-weight books that are easy for parents to carry, many of whom ride the bus to and from their WIC appointments.
More than 1,500 books have been donated since May of 2017 to these organizations below.
- Tri-Point Hospital Spanish books for Adults & Children
- WIC (Women Infants & Children) Christ Child Society
- Lake County Jail
- Our Shepherd Lutheran School Books for Fundraiser
- Harvey High School Young Children & Emergent Readers
- Laundromat Library League Young Children & Spanish
- Painesville Recreation Dept. Pre-K through Second Grade
- Salvation Army Back to School Bash - Young Children through Teen
- Lake Erie College - Bridge the Gap - Pre-K, Teen, Spanish
- Painesville City Schools Chestnut Elementary Library State & Country Series
- Painesville Community Theater Summer Camp - Elementary through Middle School
- Painesville Summer Lunch Program - Early Childhood, Teen, Adult & Bi-lingual
- Robin Reeder, Private Little Free Library on Hale Rd.
In addition to the community organizations listed, the Friends also supplied books to the Little Free Libraries in the Morley Library service area. They include:
- Lake County Job & Family Services
- Lake County YMCA
- Lathrop Park
- Old Stone School House
- Leroy Fire Station
- Grand River Concord Community Center
- Concord Community Center (coming on March 19)
The number of requests honored is based on current inventory. To use this community resource, select this link to find a short request form. After printing and completing the form, mail it to Friends of Morley Library, 184 Phelps St., Painesville, OH 44077, or drop it at the Morley circulation desk. (No requests from dealers, please.)
Please allow 10-14 days for your request to be processed.
You will be notified of the status of your request and, if approved, given the date you may pick up the books at the Morley circulation desk.