AARP Tax Assistance
Free in-person tax preparation service will be held every Friday between February 9th and April 13th. Appointments will be available at 10am, 11am, noon, 1pm and 2pm.
Appointment reservations can be made starting on Monday, January 29th. Contact the library at (440) 352-3383 to make a reservation.
1. Taxpayers will need to bring the following to their appointment:
- Photo ID - driver's license or state ID card
- Social Security card for every person whose name will appear on the return (taxpayer(s) and dependents)
- Last year's tax returns
- ALL tax relevant documents
- Bank Check (NOT a deposit slip) with all taxpayers names and addresses IF requesting direct deposit of any refund
2. If filing jointly, BOTH taxpayer and spouse must be present.
3. An appointment is for ONE return, both Federal and State -- IF a taxpayer needs more than one return prepared (e.g. married filing separately, return(s) for dependents), they need to book multiple appointments.
Other Lake County AARP sites: