We had a great meeting and discussed many ideas for the upcoming 2017 teen summer reading program. We talked about movies, program ideas, books, and prizes to give away.
Teen Program Ideas:
• More Gaming & Movie nights--Rogue One, Transformers.
• More Science programs---especially about things that explode, learning more about chemistry and volcanos, etc. Building robots or brush bots was a very popular program idea to do this summer.
• Cinco de Mayo celebration with food and crafts.
• It was recommended that teens should have a program about the eclipse which will occur in August.
• Teens like the idea of growing plants in the 3rd floor rotunda this summer. Teens would like to grow tomatoes, zucchini, watermelon, basil, peppers (hot!), jalapenos,
• The Little Free Library also was approved by teens. This library will be donated to the city of Painesville and hopefully placed in the square. This project will be assisted by a local builder.
• Teens approved the idea of giving away prize packs (similar to themed gift baskets) at the end of the summer reading club. Some ideas would be gamestop gift cards, PS4 games, back to school backpack filled with school supplies. Also “Snack Packs”, and “At the Movies”
• Teens will have a featured table at Health Fair on Saturday, April 1. Some health and wellness ideas to include at their table are suicide awareness, eating disorders, transgender issues, stress busters, fun crafts, and resources.