Download eBooks to your Nook
· To download eBooks, start at our website, www.morleylibrary.org or directly at our eBooks website, morley.lib.overdrive.com
· Select a book you want and make sure it’s available in PDF or EPUB formats (both formats work with all types of Nook).
· Click on the “Borrow” button.
· If you haven’t already logged in, you will be prompted to enter your 14-digit Morley Library card number.
· You are then taken to the "Bookshelf" part of your account. You will be able to select which format you'd like. Click on the "Download" button and select the format you prefer. Then click on "Confirm & Download".
· Your computer should come up with a box asking what to do. Click “Open” and your computer should automatically open the eBook in Adobe Digital Editions. Click “Save” if you prefer to manually save the eBook to your computer. You can open the Adobe Digital Editions program and simply drag the book file into the window.
· At this point, you can plug in your Nook and use Adobe Digital Editions to transfer the eBook onto it. Your Nook will show up on the left side “Bookshelves” when you’re in the “Library” view. If Adobe Digital Editions says “Reading” instead of “Library” at the top, just click on the picture of books to change. Just click on the book cover and drag it to your Nook to transfer it.
· You can also read the eBook right on your computer. Double click on the book or click the picture of the open book to enter “Reading” mode.
· In “Library” mode, each book will have a small arrow at the top-left corner. Clicking on this arrow brings up a menu. From this menu, you can Open or Delete the book. You can also get Item Info, which gives you basic information about the book. The last option is to “Return Borrowed Item”; if you finish with a book early, you can use this to “return” the eBook and have it taken from your record. After returning, you are free to delete the file.
If you have any questions, you can come into the library, call us
at (440) 352-3383 (ask for Reference)
or email us at Reference -at- morleylibrary -dot- org
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I just transfer the EPUB/PDF file directly to my Nook? No, it won't work. The DRM on the eBook requires you to use Adobe Digital Editions to transfer the file onto your Nook.
What if I transfer the book and it doesn't show up? We aren't sure why, but sometimes the book will show up in the "Documents" section of the Nook instead of the "Books" section. Check there first.